Wedding Day Checklist: What About The Wedding Cake?
Don't let the wedding cake decision be one of those "Oh, we'll get to it later" wedding planning decisions. Real thought should go into choosing your wedding cake. A pedestrian cake will be forgotten soon after the wedding reception.Don't settle for average. Take the time to choose a cake that stands out in the world of wedding reception desserts.
So how do you pick a cake?
First, know what you want. Do you want a special design? Decide if you want a wedding cake theme (they do exist).
Where do you find a good wedding cake baker? Have you been to recent weddings where you enjoyed the cake? Ask about the baker they used. Word-of-mouth is a reliable way to find a great wedding vendor.
Check out bakeries in your area and start doing some comparison shopping. Shopping around for a wedding cake means getting to sample wedding cake. And most wedding cakes are delicious.
After you do some comparison shopping, and taste a lot of cake, it's time to narrow your wedding cake choices. Talk with the bakers about what you and your future spouse want from your wedding cake. Ask to see a wedding cake portfolio (yes, they also exist).
Give prospective bakers an estimate of how many guests will be at your wedding. This will help the baker decide on an approximate size of the cake and can determine a price estimate.
Don't be afraid to use your imagination. This is the cake that everyone will be looking at on your wedding day. Make it memorable.
- An Unplugged Wedding
- Attending a Wedding on a Budget
- Bridal Beauty Tips for the Wedding Day
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Spring Wedding Themes
- Choosing Your Wedding Music
- Delivering a Best Man's Speech
- Don't Break Your Wedding Budget
- Don't Wait to Book a Winter Wedding
- Do You Need a Groom's Suite?
- Eight Tips for Adding Décor to a Wedding Hall
- Etiquette for Wedding Facilities
- Finding a Wedding Venue
- Five Tips for Planning a Winter Wedding in Connecticut
- Five Tips for Working with a Wedding Photographer
- Great Taste Makes a Great Wedding
- How to Choose a Wedding Reception Location
- How to Make the Most Out of a Bridal Suite
- Is a Buffet or Plated Menu Better for My Wedding?
- Making a Guest List
- Planning a Rehearsal Dinner
- Planning a Spring Wedding
- Planning a Valentine's Day Wedding
- Planning an Eco-friendly Wedding
- Preparing for an Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
- Qualities to Look for in a Wedding Facility
- Saving Money on Attending Multiple Weddings
- Saving On Your Wedding Flowers
- Setting Up a Wedding Registry
- Questions to Ask a Wedding Planner
- Selecting a Reception Hall
- Three Tips for Selecting a Wedding Facility
- Tips on Getting Wedding Venue Deals
- Wedding Day Checklist for Brides
- Wedding Day Checklist for Grooms
- Wedding Food Leftovers
- What About The Wedding Cake?
- What Makes a Great Wedding Hall?