Wedding Day Checklist: Choosing Your Wedding Music
There are so many big decisions to be made when planning a wedding. One of the biggest decisions will be the music.
Some of it will be easy. You may already know what special songs are a "must" for your wedding playlist. That's a great start. Before you start filling out the rest of your playlist, you may want to answer the big wedding music question: Band or DJ?
A wedding band give the music a more personal feel. You can pick a band that specializes in the type of music you want highlighted at your wedding. Plus, a live band can energize a reception hall.
The case for DJ's often boils down to money. DJ's tend to be less expensive. Sometimes the price difference between a band and a DJ is significant.
It's also important to think about how different types of music will be played during different times of the wedding. You'll need to choose music for the walk down the aisle. You'll need to decide if you want music at the end of the ceremony. What music will be used for the introduction of the new married couple? What song will you choose for the first dance?
These decisions do not have to be laborious. Choosing your wedding music should be a fun and exciting project. Think about the special music and songs. Plan from the beginning of the ceremony until the end of the reception. Ask advice. Take suggestions. Check with the folks at your wedding reception location and ask if they can suggest any bands or DJ's.
Take advantage of all your options and you'll be humming a happy tune on your wedding day.
- An Unplugged Wedding
- Attending a Wedding on a Budget
- Bridal Beauty Tips for the Wedding Day
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Spring Wedding Themes
- Choosing Your Wedding Music
- Delivering a Best Man's Speech
- Don't Break Your Wedding Budget
- Don't Wait to Book a Winter Wedding
- Do You Need a Groom's Suite?
- Eight Tips for Adding Décor to a Wedding Hall
- Etiquette for Wedding Facilities
- Finding a Wedding Venue
- Five Tips for Planning a Winter Wedding in Connecticut
- Five Tips for Working with a Wedding Photographer
- Great Taste Makes a Great Wedding
- How to Choose a Wedding Reception Location
- How to Make the Most Out of a Bridal Suite
- Is a Buffet or Plated Menu Better for My Wedding?
- Making a Guest List
- Planning a Rehearsal Dinner
- Planning a Spring Wedding
- Planning a Valentine's Day Wedding
- Planning an Eco-friendly Wedding
- Preparing for an Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
- Qualities to Look for in a Wedding Facility
- Saving Money on Attending Multiple Weddings
- Saving On Your Wedding Flowers
- Setting Up a Wedding Registry
- Questions to Ask a Wedding Planner
- Selecting a Reception Hall
- Three Tips for Selecting a Wedding Facility
- Tips on Getting Wedding Venue Deals
- Wedding Day Checklist for Brides
- Wedding Day Checklist for Grooms
- Wedding Food Leftovers
- What About The Wedding Cake?
- What Makes a Great Wedding Hall?